Fédération des francophones de la Colombie Britanique
Founded in 1945, la Fédération des francophones de la Colombie-Britannique (or FFCB, translated as the BC Federation of Francophones) takes as its mission the promotion, representation, and defense of the rights and interests of francophones in British Columbia, as well as the preservation of the francophone linguistic and cultural heritage.
To this end, the FFCB serves as an umbrella organization, bringing together over 40 associations from different regions and sectors throughout BC. The FFCB’s goals include :
- Expanding francophone spaces and the role of French language and culture within civil society;
- Providing capacity-building and other forms of support to member organizations;
- Promoting engagement within the province’s francophone community, including facilitating the setup and incorporation of new non-profit organizations;
- Working to increase French-language services within BC;
- Promoting the vitality of the francophone community within BC as well as Canada’s linguistic duality;
- Representing the francophone community politically, as well as within the media and public spheres.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information. We may be reached by phone at 604-732-1420 and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org